Our van came with red mudflaps from Japan, which I have to admit looked like they came off a poser car. Changing the mudflaps was quite low on my priority list, specially because I couldn’t find a perfect replacement for them. Either mud flaps (or sheets of heavy-duty rubber) are quite expensive, already pre-shaped to a certain car model or just too short for larger offroad tires. After hunting around for a while I found the right product on Amazon* (yeah I know sound weird) for $14 a pair.
I kept the really nice stainless steel hardware from the old mudflaps and just replaced the rubber. Also I still had to clean up a few spots where I cut back the wheel arch to fit the larger tires. So I cleaned the metal, primed and painted it as well as sealed and rust proofed the area.